This project has moved and is read-only. For the latest updates, please go here.

Customizing Quran xml and text file

Feb 26, 2013 at 3:05 AM
Salam:

I am doing some work on the qurancode source by trying to modify the quran-data.xml by separating basmala as an independant verse from each surah.

By modifying the file separately (manually of course) and then i introduce it from the software root folder, i get some problem of initializing.

what should i do?

Thank you for your feeds.
Feb 26, 2013 at 4:37 AM
Salam brother,

Please know that all translations, tafseer, recitations, and grammar files used by QuranCode are made of 6236 lines (1 line for each verse in the Quran).

If you wish to separate BismAllah into a separate line without making it an extra verse, then do that inside QuranCode not in the xml metadata files.

If you wish to make the bismAllah as a separate verse, then you need to start with the xml file (as you have done) and then edit all other supporting files to have extra line to accommodate the extra 112 new virtual verses. The same goes for the recitation mp3 files.

Also keep in mind that the bismAllah of chapter 95 and 97 has an extra "Shadda" on their Baa letter of the word Bism.

God > infinity