This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

Some Improvement Requests

Jun 15, 2014 at 12:13 PM
Al Salamu Alaikum,

To start with, I would like to thank the creator and supporters of this wonderful software. May Allah give you Tawfeeq for what he pleases. This is an excellent research tool that I've been using for some time now and have witnessed different versions that you have been uploading on the downloads page.

I have some requests that Inshallah won't be much difficult to implement in this software:

1st is that the earlier editions provided a different letter-typing box that was quicker and much smoother that is in the new form. I hope that the software in general be smoother even more.

2nd is that I hope you can solve the problem of the minus button (or exclusion criteria function) that is there in the letter-typing box (when you click on words or roots) since I don't think it works with words anymore.

3rd is that in tafseer window once you scroll once and stop, you can't continue scrolling again till you click on the window and this is irritating to an extent.

4rth is that I hope if it would be achievable to have a (tick box) next to the words that appear in the (chapter) column after you enter some letters in order to choose what can be displayed on the (output verse) column. And if possible have the tick boxes next to the verses (whether in search form or normal form) to make counting easier instead of doing so manually by hand.

Sorry for the many requests and Thank you in advance....
Coordinator
Jun 15, 2014 at 2:11 PM
Ws wrA wb dear brother,

You are most welcome and this is EXACTLY what I want to hear from my users. THANK YOU.

The more errors/annoyances are reported, the better. I will start addressing them immediately in sha Allah.

Most of these issues rose after I started displaying Original text with diacritics/harakaat but processing as if it were Simplified29.

There is an inherent slowness in the RichTextBox for display search result which I cannot get around yet despite using v5.0 of the Control.

I will update you with the issues as they are fixed.

Please keep them coming :)

Salam

Ali
Coordinator
Jun 15, 2014 at 4:30 PM
Edited Jun 15, 2014 at 5:11 PM
Salam all,

1st and 2nd solved al-hamdu liAllah in QuranCode v4.8.6.

I have restored the typing speed in the search box for all Simplified systems. The Original system cannot be made any faster as it simplifies on the fly both user input and Quran verses and loos for matching Autocomplete words.

The long-term solution is to re-write the whole application in Qt (cute) which supports ALL devices and with a single code base (www.qt-project.org) in sha Allah.

For new users who want to see the Original text I left it as the default mode BUT the clicking Pink Heart takes you straight to YOUR favorite system (default is Primalogy = Simplified29_Alphabet_Primes but can be set to your desired system with the little colored button). In all cases, once you exit the application it remembers the last system in use.

In general the performance of QuranCode has been improved slightly (~23%) with changing the Microsoft RichTextBox from v2.0 to v5.0 which is only available on Windows XP SP3 and above.

As for the minus sign for negative searches that was my mistake and have corrected it immediately. Thank you for raising this serious error on my part and sorry for all previous-version users who may need it.

In sha Allah I will continue looking at the other issues and update you as I progress.

Salam

Ali
Jun 15, 2014 at 6:19 PM
Thank you for the speedy reply.

As with regards the text box, the version (QuranCode v4.7.1 - All Editions) used a swift search box with the original system whilst the chapters column still showed diacritics. For some reason (I'm not the expert here!) this issue rose in the colored search box versions.

For the upcoming versions I hope you would return the (Chapters column)-showing diacritics. The reason is that diacritics are very helpful in conducting count-search or Ihsaa for particular words with a specific meaning that differs from one form to another. As for the minus solved-issue and all your efforts, thanks a lot.
I appreciate your kind replies and wish you all the best.

Salam...
Coordinator
Jun 15, 2014 at 6:56 PM
In sha Allah will restore that functionality when you click the CheckBox for harakaat next to the Find button.
I am also trying to restore minus / plus sign for the root search too.
Welcome always :)
Ali
Coordinator
Jun 15, 2014 at 7:35 PM
Edited Jun 16, 2014 at 11:37 AM
Autocomplete with diacitics/harakaat has been put back but only when you check the CheckBox for harakaat next to the Find button. The minus/plus root search has also been added and its color highlighting has been improved too.
Al-hamdu liAllah Rabb al-3alemeen :)
Coordinator
Jun 16, 2014 at 11:40 AM
Edited Jun 16, 2014 at 2:34 PM

QuranCode v4.8.9

Salam brother,

Al-hamdu liAllah, I have added a right-click menu (context menu) to the AutoComplete list so you can Find all verse for the current select word or words (using Ctrl or Shift key for multiple selection).
Try it with and without Harakaat (checkbox next to the Find button).

As for the scrolling, yes I tried it and its annoying indeed but this is Microsoft design. Try it in other programs or Windows Explorer itself.

Ali
Jun 16, 2014 at 3:34 PM
Salam Brother,

Jazakumu-allah khair al-Jazaa,
Thank you very much and may allah keep us all on the straight path...

Wal hamdu lillahi rabbil alameen
Coordinator
Jun 16, 2014 at 4:05 PM
Edited Jun 29, 2014 at 11:06 AM
ws wrA wb
May Allah guide us to His Straight Path indeed and keep us along it in sha Allah.
Welcome and let me know if there is any more issues please.
Salam
Ali
Sep 18, 2014 at 4:12 PM
Greetings and Peace be Upon you all...
Bism ellah...
May I suggest one more addition to the numerous options you have added.
Since I am still in Grametria research, could you please include an option for a "Compound" Grametria research option based on the Ibn el Arabi method, that is: Calculating values for words and verses, etc, according to the "compound value" of letters. For example "Aleph" is not "1" but it is the compound (summation) of the Grametria value of "Aleph" + "Lam" + "Fa'", or for example "Ba" would be Sum of values for "Ba" + "Aleph" + "Hamza" = 4.

Thank you for your kind consideration.

Sherif el Hakim
Coordinator
Sep 18, 2014 at 9:05 PM
Edited Sep 19, 2014 at 1:51 PM
Brother Sharif,

Thanks for asking such a question which gives me an opportunity to explain how to add custom letter-value system.
  1. Choose a name of the System that must have three parts separated by underscore "_".
    Part 1 is the number of letters in the system (e.g. Simplified29)
    Part 2 is the letter order (e.g. Alphabet)
    Part 3 is the letter values (e.g. Primes)
    Therefore the name of the system becomes Simplified29_Alphabet_Primes
  2. Create a text file and named it Part1_Part2_Part3.txt (e.g. Simplified29_Alphabet_Primes.txt)
  3. Type each letter then TAB then its value then Enter
  4. Save the file in the Values/Presets folder
  5. Restart QuranCode and test your system.
For your compound system, I would do the following:
  1. Make a copy of Simplified28_Abjad_Gematrai.txt and name it Simplified28_Abjad_CGematrai.txt
  2. Start QuranCode and select the existing Simplified28_Abjad_Gematrai system to calculate the values for the letter names.
  3. Click the "User Text" tab at the bottom and enter all the names of the letters (one per line) as follows:
    الف
    باء
    جيم
    دال
    هاء
    واو
    زاي
    حاء
    طاء
    ياء
    كاف
    لام
    ميم
    نون
    سين
    عين
    فاء
    صاد
    قاف
    راء
    شين
    تاء
    ثاء
    خاء
    ذال
    ضاد
    ظاء
    غين
  4. Move line by line and write down the Value for each letter name and replace those in the newly created file Simplified28_Abjad_CGematrai.txt.
  5. Save and restart QuranCode and select your new system (Simplified28_Abjad_CGematrai) and see if all is good.
Notes:
1: The file format is always LETTER TAB VALUE. Never use spaces anywhere. Only TAB to separate the letter name from its value.
2: Letter ز is named زاي not زاء

I can see one problem though. How are you going to deal with standalone hamza in the letter names (e.g باء)?
Are you going to give it 0 value as it is not is Simplified28 or are you going to give it 1 as in Simplified29?
If hamza is 0 then here is a quick file I made for you but needs double checking please.
Just copy as it. It has TAB already even if not obvious in this editor.

ا 111
ب 3
ج 53
د 35
ه 6
و 13
ز 18
ح 9
ط 10
ي 11
ك 101
ل 71
م 90
ن 106
س 120
ع 130
ف 81
ص 95
ق 181
ر 201
ش 360
ت 401
ث 501
خ 601
ذ 731
ض 805
ظ 901
غ 1060

Let me know how you get on.
Good luck.
Salam
Ali
Sep 22, 2014 at 11:16 AM
Edited Sep 22, 2014 at 11:18 AM
Brilliant, thanks for your rapid response. Your instructions are clear, I will try to implement. Looking forward to see what happens. As for the Hamza, I will refer back to the source and let you know. Best wishes to you. As for the blessings you ask users of "QuranCode" to give to the developer and contributors (as embedded in the software) , may I ask that blessing too be requested for the "users" also :)
Sep 22, 2014 at 3:30 PM
Edited Sep 22, 2014 at 3:31 PM
Wow! Thanks for version 5.4.5 which of course is, as you describe above, compound abjad with Hamza=0.
Coordinator
Sep 22, 2014 at 8:53 PM
Welcome and blessing to all who use the software for search for the Truth, not for numerology/astrology purposes.
Coordinator
Sep 30, 2014 at 10:39 PM
I have updated the About box to show the following. Please feel free to correct me still.

Please recite surat الفاتِحة and surat الإخلآص for the souls (أنفُس) of the software developers and users and their parents.
May Allah bless us all with guidance in this life and forgiveness and generous reward in the hereafter (مَغْفِرَةٍۢ وَأَجْرٍۢ كَرِيمٍ).

اللهُمَّ صَلِّ على مُحَمَّدٍ وءالِ مُحَمَّدٍ
God >
Oct 1, 2014 at 8:10 AM
On behalf of all users, I wish to thank you for including us (and our parents) in the blessings integrated into QuranCode. Now we are all doubly blessed: on the one hand, blessed for our quest for Truth, and then blessed again for using this brilliant software.
Coordinator
Oct 1, 2014 at 11:19 AM
Al-hamdu liAllah :)