This project has moved and is read-only. For the latest updates, please go here.

Version 5.0.3 not loading, what are system requirements?

Jul 14, 2014 at 11:56 AM
Greetings to all, and again thanks for this brilliant software.

I have problems launching this new version, although I can launch previous versions no problem. Am I missing something? Any new system requirements? I am running on Vista.

The loading progress screen does not appear when I double click QuranCode.exe file.

Best wishes to you.
Jul 15, 2014 at 9:21 AM
Salam brother and thank you for notifying us,
Can you please try 5.0.4 confirm if the problem still there or not?
Ali
Jul 15, 2014 at 10:34 AM
Thanks Ali for your prompt reply. I still have the same problem. I already tried yesterday but to no success. I downloaded, again today, in case of corrupted files, but still no launch. After failure with 5.0.4, I successfully launched 4.7.4.

As nobody else complains, I might have something funny on my own system that prevents launch of 5.0.4. However, I am puzzled that I can launch 4.7.4.
Thank you for your attention.

Best wishes
Jul 15, 2014 at 12:44 PM
Can you start QuranCode v5.0.4 Lite Edition while holding the Shift key down?

If not, then I need to test QuranCode on Vista machine soon in sha Allah and try to find the problem.
If you have any success let me know please, else I will in sha Allah keep trying.

Thank you for your patience brother and duaa.
Jul 15, 2014 at 3:21 PM
Edited Jul 18, 2014 at 3:43 AM
Bless you for all you are doing.

No launch for 5.0.4 for both standard and lite
No launch for 5.0.5 for both standard and lite

Under windows task manager (Ctrl Alt Del) I see in Processes:
5.0.5 QuranCode.exe occupies 48k memory
4.7.4 QuranCode.exe occupies 107 748 K memory (standard successful launch)

Also I cannot kill 5.0.4/5 process within the Task Manager, to kill the process I must reboot Windows.
Windows will not shut down normally unless I shut-down power, when 5.0.4/5 are trying to launch.

Let me again thank you for all that you are doing. The IQRA Forum is brilliant, as is the site Heliwave.com
from where IQRA can be accessed. It goes without saying that QuranCode is truly the BEST.

As always
Best wishes...Ramadan Karim.
Jul 16, 2014 at 12:26 AM
Edited Jul 18, 2014 at 10:22 AM
Thank you brother for the nice words and in sha Allah, Allah bless you and yours too.

I suspect it might be a lack of font on Vista that is preventing the Splash screen to show up. I had similar problem on Linux machine and al-hamdu liAllah that was sorted out when I simplified the font of the "QuranCode 1433" label.

Anyway, I now made it an image (in v5.0.6) so please re-try and let me know. I still don;t have access to a Vista machine to test it as the friend I had in mind has moved to Windows 7 already.

You are welcome to Skype me so we can share screen and see what's going on.

My Skype ID = aliadams

Salam

Ali
Jul 18, 2014 at 3:42 AM
Thank you. Successful launch of 5.0.6
Jul 18, 2014 at 10:21 AM
Al-hamdu liAllah Rabb Al-3alemeen :)
Jul 23, 2014 at 8:40 AM
Al-hamdu liAllah.
Successful launch of 5.0.9
(but could not launch any of the previous versions after 5.0.6)

So many nice features. However, not everything is explained by bubble text on mouse-over.

Question:
I am working with "28" Grametria, so I tried to find "by value" 786 (which is of course the bismalla value), I get zero results.
What am I doing wrong?

Thank you again.
Jul 23, 2014 at 1:26 PM
Salam brother,

1)
I have totally removed the BismAllah image from the splash screen so not to have problems at launch time.
Please let me know immediately if any future version suffer this problem again.

2)
Make sure you select Simplified_Abjad_Gematrai system and the V is selected to fnd Verses (not the W, S or C)
Then search By Number with Value = 768 and result is indeed verse 1:1

3)
Please tell me which controls have no bubbles / tooltips so I can add them or again this is specific to Windows 8 system?

Thank you brother and keep me posted.
Jul 23, 2014 at 6:21 PM
Sallamat. Thank you so much (again).

1) Under 5.0.9, I see launch progress screen only. Works well under vista, no problem. Yes, I will take care to check future versions as soon as possible, also, and let you know.

2) Brilliant result for my search of abjad value 786. My bad. I was clicking on the wrong find ("by revelation" instead of "by numbers")

3) I will inform you later about the bubbles. It gets very complicated if I were to ask you for specific details regarding each "letter valuation system" option. Naturally "simplified 28 gramateria" is self evident, but the other options are not clear. I know that details are provided by the "magnifying glass" after the fact. Perhaps that is sufficient, but it would be nice if a text file was available describing each option.

Best wishes
Sherif
Jul 24, 2014 at 12:36 AM
Salam brother Sherif,

Al-hamdu liAllah Rabb al-3alemeen always.

The letter-value systems are named with 3 parts separated by underscores:

part1_part2_part3

where

part1 is the number of final letters the original text is simplified to.

part2 is the letter order

part3 is the letter values

For example: The system you are using is Simplified28_Abjad_Gematria:

Simplified28 means that the Original text is simplified down to 28 letters (all the Arabic letters except the standalone hamza)
Abjad is the order of Arabic letters { Elf, Baa, Jeem, Daal, ... }.
Gematria is the values given to the letters in semi-logarithmic { 1, 2, 3, ..., 10, 20, 30, ..., 100, 200, 300, ..., 1000 }
NOTE: This is a Jewish system originally and maybe good for The Torah but not the Quran.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abjad_numerals

Whereas the Simplified29_Alphabet_Primes is derived from surat Al-Fatiha (See http://heliwave.com/Primalogy.pdf)
Primalogy maybe correct but most likely is incomplete and this is what I have the extra 19 check boxes below to modify the values of each letter/word/verse/chapter by there numbers (letter in word, word in verse, verse in chapter, chapter in the Quran) and by the distance to the previous exact same letter/word/verse (no same chapters of course). This system is called Dynamic Primalogy. Other system where the letter order is as per Appearance in the Quran could also be correct.
I suspect there would be 7 systems but Allah knows better ALWAYS.

May Allah guide us to His Straight Path.

Ali
Jul 31, 2014 at 12:40 PM
Best wishes to all on the occasion of the Eid.

Version 5.1.0 launches with excellence: No problems under Vista.

Thanks for your clarifications, even though I beg to differ with you on the value of Gamatria. The abjad system is an integral part of the Arabic Alphabet, just as it is in Hebrew. This subject would make for an interesting discussion in another thread, but at a later time in shaa Allah. Meanwhile, I am glad you have not removed the Grametria option from beautiful QuranCode.

Salamat

Sherif
Jul 31, 2014 at 3:10 PM
Welcome brother,

QuranCode is for all researchers, not just for myself and therefore the Abjad_Gematria system will always be there for others.
In addition, users can add their own SimplifiedXX.txt rule and SimplifiedXX_LetterOrder_LetterValues.txt value files.

Al-hamdu liAllah, I've just uploaded v5.1.1 with DNA sequencing as requested by Belkacem Meghzouchene from Algeria.

This is our software, not just mine, and hence open-source.

Thank you to all those who support me throughout the years.

Salam

Ali
Jul 31, 2014 at 11:15 PM
Edited Aug 1, 2014 at 12:14 PM
Version 511 loads with no problems under vista, al hamdullih.

Best
S
Aug 13, 2014 at 8:08 PM
Excellent: 5.2.1...bubbles of information...